If you’re planning to move to a new city or a new house around the block, you might find the process of hiring a the cost of movers in NJ moving company overwhelming. However, with the right tips, you should be able to find the best moving company effortlessly. Here’s what you need to do.
• Recommendations �” Do you have friends or coworkers who recently relocated? Do you know any realtors? Start by asking them for recommendations to a good moving company. Find the moving companies near you and ask for an estimate of the moving services, which should be done in person. Don’t rush into hiring big name moving companies without further research.
• Initial Screening �” With a list of recommended moving companies in the area, you need to do a background check before hiring anyone. You can visit the company’s website or check their rating on Better Business Bureau. You can also check for customer reviews about the company on third-party listings such as Yelp to find out whether they have a good standing in the neighborhood or not.
• In-person Estimate �” If you’re moving to a new state, city or area you should ask for a written estimate from the moving company you’re thinking about hiring. The company should also do the estimate in person to make sure there are no hidden charges on the actual day of moving. Make sure the estimate has a proper list of all the services to be provided to avoid additional charges that will throw off your budget. Make sure that you show the estimator everything so you can get the right charge. Whether it’s the basement, the attic, your backyard, bedrooms or living room, make sure he checks everything you need to move for the best estimate.
• Compare Estimates �” If you get estimates from different companies, you should compare them to find out the most affordable one. Don’t choose the cheapest company out of the bunch because they might be offering substandard moving services. Check the higher bids too to confirm where the extra costs are coming from. If there’s anything in the estimate you don’t understand, you can always call the company and ask questions. If you have a few bids from reputable companies, you can always contact them to negotiate a good rate.
• Licensing And Insurance �” You should beware of moving companies without licenses because they are providing their services illegally. On the other hand, you should look for a company that’s insured to make sure your belongings are protected during transit and that in the event of anything, you will be fairly compensated. Don’t forget to check the validity of the license and insurance policy to make sure you’re working with a legitimate company.
Finally, make an inventory list of everything that’s being moved and check the list of everything being unpacked. That way, if anything is lost or left behind, you will know about it immediately. Moving with a legitimate company will be an easy task for you so choose the right one for the job.